Family Foster Care
You can foster hope in a child.
Become a foster family through Baptist Children's Homes of North Carolina and make a difference in the lives of hurting children.
WHAT IS FOSTER CARE?
WHO ARE FOSTER CHILDREN?
Foster children can be any child in North Carolina, ranging in age from infancy to 18 years old, who enters the foster care system. Each child has their own unique background, experiences, and specific needs. Many come from situations of abuse and neglect and do not possess a healthy self-esteem. Foster children need a family atmosphere, a place where they can belong. Most of all, they need to be loved and nurtured.
Family Foster Care Training Locations
Click on a location below to learn more. Contact information is available for each location.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE A LICENSED FOSTER FAMILY?
- Applicants must be at-least 21 years old
- Have stable income and a home in a wholesome community within 100 miles of one of the following North Carolina campuses of BCH: Kennedy Home in Kinston, Mills Home in Thomasville or Broyhill Home in Clyde.
- Complete 30 hours of pre-service training through BCH
- Applicants and family members must meet minimum physical and mental health requirements
- Applicants must complete an application and mutual home assesment
- Complete a criminal background check
I’M INTERESTED, BUT I NEED TO KNOW MORE.
Baptist Children’s Homes is happy to answer your questions and help provide all the information you need about becoming a foster family. Please feel free to contact us directly or fill out the form below and one of our staff members will be in touch soon.
Western NC: Broyhill Home in Clyde
Bob McCleary / 828-593-9648 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Central NC: Mills Home in Thomasville
Danetta Christmas / 336-474-1238 / email@example.com
Eastern NC: Kenney Home in Kinston
Christopher Allabaugh / 252-933-3650 / firstname.lastname@example.org